FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Feb 15, 2016
Award-winning local artist and teacher Gayle Rappaport-Weiland hosts this mini interview with VIDA CEO Umaimah Mendhro.
VIDA combines art with fashion, all for the purposes of social giving. VIDA takes art, submitted by artists and photographers, and prints them onto scarves and outerwear, to create unique, colorful, fashionable clothing. They are produced in Pakistan, with trained workers, who also receive an education using proceeds from the sale of the clothing. One of VIDA’s missions is to fight exploitation of garment workers in Pakistan through providing living wages and education.
This “mini-view” can be seen beginning Feb 15th on YouTube and on facebook.com/artrevealedshow. Indeed the quickest show on Earth, each on-location episode is approximately 3 to 4 minutes long and is designed to fit nicely into news or community events programming. Visit our sites for recent episodes and subscribe to upcoming episodes. Recent mini-views have featured:
- Gregory Kondos, Iconic “Painter of Blue,”
- Jon Stevenson, founding owner and clothing designer at Trumpette, Inc.
- Angela Tahti, past Executive Director of PlacerArts
- Shane Grammer, anti-sex trafficking advocate and owner of SG Studios
- Philip Cunningham, board President of Center for Contemporary Art Sacramento
- John Mowen, late owner of Nevada City’s Mowen Solinsky Gallery
- Scott Mattlin, fine artist and master of movement, light and shadow
- Kira Stewart, founding principal of Sacramento’s Art Consulting Services
- Yvonne Soto, DDSO President and CEO
- Roberta McClellan, Executive Director, Viewpoint Photographic Art Center
- Milton Bowens , Artist Educator Milton 510
- Tom Burgher, CEO of Seaside Gallery
- Nathan Towne, music teacher and musician
- Kim Box, founder and CEO of Kamere, INC.
- Ron Cunningham,artistic director The Ballet Sacramento Ballet
- Richard Munoz, Mr Makup, television and movie makeup artist
- Christy Dougherty, Vice President, Vacaville Art League
The Art Revealed Show features Northern California artists and those who influence art on a global basis. These on-location “mini-views” connect us with the heart of the artist through their unique voice as we catch glimpses into their art world.
The Art Revealed team consists of our host and co-producer Gayle Rappaport-Weiland, a Northern California artist, teacher, and entrepreneur whose fine art has graced homes and businesses throughout the country, as well as west coast galleries. She teaches art at Sierra and Cuesta College, and has been a local watercolor juror and art expert, and on Sacramento television. For more information about Gayle visit grappaport.com or facebook.com/grappaportfinearts.
Dominic and Donte Morris are the videographers, co-producer, director and founders of Morris Media. See more of their work at MorrisMedia.com
Philip Venable is the media liaison and our photographer based in Vacaville, Ca. His award winning photos have been shown from Napa to the Sierra foothills. For more information about Philip, visit his website, Philip Venable Photography.
Vicki Tomatis is our webmaster and manages our social media. Based in Chico, Ca, she provides web and graphic design. More of her work can be seen at Designs by Vicki.
The Art Revealed Show is produced by Morris Media. This episode of the Art Revealed Show is in partnership with Natalie Whistler of Coldwell Banker.