About GayleA third person account of my accomplishments for media reference or the interest of my followers
Gayle Rappaport -Weiland brings the same originality, enthusiasm, energy and heart to her paintings as she does to her life. Using rule-breaking techniques that set her apart from the crowd, she creates beautiful impressionistic works, using watercolor, acrylic and mixed media. Her qualifications and expertise, whether as an artist, teacher, curator, juror and on-air personality are widely recognized and respected.
Gayle’s paintings have been exhibited in galleries and personal exhibitions throughout the United States and are shown in a variety of galleries located throughout the West Coast. Collectors throughout the World proudly hold her work. This multi-talented artist has several limited edition prints, a greeting card line, art merchandise, a fashion line, and commissioned work including prints of “Summit House at Big Mountain Ski Area” in Whitefish, Montana. Clients include Coors Brewing Company, Directors Mortgage, and Oncology Radiological Associates of Sacramento, Back To Work Physical Therapy, local School Districts and many other professional clienteles.
Gayle’s art is represented for licensing exclusively by Studio Voltaire. Her floral artwork “Flow” has been licensed nationally by Home Goods stores.
After studying art/recreation in college in New York, Gayle sharpened her skills with nationally known artists Gerald Brommer and Zoltan Szabo. She is actively involved in the local art, education and business community, in more capacities over the years than can be listed. From volunteer to committee member and from board member to director, Gayle brings energy, insight and expertise to events and organizations wherever she participates.
A certified Golden Artist Educator and past certified Gold Level Grumbacher Team instructor, Gayle’s teaching has included both adult and children’s classes at many diverse venues. Check out the complete list of current classes.
Gayle is a past 20+ year veteran of local public television station KVIE as an on-air art expert, volunteer, juror and artist. She now is co-creator, producer and host of The Art Revealed Show www.artrevealedshow, showcasing mini-views of the arts. Paying it forward is one of Gayle’s life goals. Her work on the breast cancer awareness art piece “Soul Survivor: Symbol of Hope” with Gini Crepps was featured on the TV show Rob on the Road. Appeals for Art is yet another collaboration of Gayle’s, a website giving donation advice to artists and charities www.appealsforart.com.
Gayle has been interviewed on radio, television, newspapers, magazines and art publications. Her art has been spotlighted in art catalogs and magazine features. Coined the energizer bunny of the art world, Gayle relishes sharing her knowledge and passion for the limitless world of art with people of all ages. Her ability to express shades of mood and feeling through her work, coupled with her professionalism and contagious excitement, ensures that both her students and art clients receive a successful and positive art experience.
- In 2015, Gayle was again voted one of the “Favorite Visual Artist” by Sierra Style Magazine. She has received this honor 7 years in a row, every year since 2009.
- In 2015, Gayle was October’s Featured Artist on Sacramento365.com.
- In 2015, The Art Revealed Show was featured in Sierra Style Magazine.
- In 2014 , Gayles art “All Roads to Home” was chosen to be used in the Cheap Joe 2014 Art Catalog.
- In 2013, Gayle’s piece ‘My Interpreted View” was featured in the October edition of House2Home Showcase magazine.
- In 2012 Gayle’s “Dreamscape Series’ was featured in Cheap Joes Art Stuff Catalog under Customer Art.
- In 2012 her “Cardinal Christmas “ painting was on the cover of Style magazine
- In 2011 Gayle was invited to donate a piece in the Master’s Collection. Her work was a bell-ringer in the live on-air art auction and went for over 30% of the retail value.
- Gayle was invited in 2010 as watercolor juror to donate a piece to the K.V.I.E. Channel 6 Art Auction.
- Gayle’s work has been juried into the 1993 through 2009 K.V.I.E. Channel 6 Art Auction.
- In 2008, Gayle was voted “Favorite Visual Artist” of Sierra Style Magazine.
- 2004, 2007-2010, KVIE each year selected Gayle as a Special Collection Artist, which highlights artists who are collectable in our region.
- Voted one of the “Best Visual Artists” in the Sacramento News and Review “Best of Sacramento” in 2007 .
- In 2006, KVIE picked Gayle as a Silver Anniversary Artist, part of a group of established artists who contribute to the artistic excellence of our region.
- Voted 2006 “Best Visual Artist” in the Sacramento News and Review “Best of Sacramento”.
- Gayle has conducted workshops and in-services for a large number of organizations including numerous California Unified School Districts, Charter Hospital Recreation Directors, art clubs, public and private school professionals and artist in school programs. In 2004 Gayle won the prestigious Arties Award for her work in Art Education.
- In 2000 Gayle was one of the 12 juried artists selected to be in Auburn Printer’s promotional calendar.
- In spring 1999 her work was featured in “Guide to the Arts”.
- Fall 1999 she was honored to be the cover artist for the “Placer County Autumn Art Studio Tour”.
- In 1998, her logo was selected for the K.V.I.E. Art Auction Logo Competition.
- She was the cover artist on the Fall 1998 “California Seasons” magazine.
- Her article in “Palette Talk” was featured fall 1998.
- In 2015, became a certified Golden Artist Educator
- In 2015, exclusively carried by Seaside Gallery on The Central Coast
- In 2015, released a new fashion line of scarves with Vida
- In 2014, As a curator Gayle created Art and Brew a unique partnership of 17 local artists, Gallery iQ and Roseville Brewing Company to support the Placer SPCA.
- In 2013,Gayles Article “Love Affair with The Arts” was featured in The Perspectives magazine.
- In 2013, Gayle began hosting a YouTube and social media series called “The Art Revealed Show”, which features mini-interviews with fascinating Northern California artists and those who create and influence art on a global basis. www.artrevealedshow.com
- In 2012, Gayle co-founded Appeals For Art with local artist and teacher Ann Ranlett. Appeals For Art is an online resource and consulting service providing donation advice for artists and charities.
- In 2011 Gayle acted as on-air talent as an art expert for the K.V.I.E. Live Art Auction.
- Gayle has served on the advisory board for the 1996 – 2010 K.V.I.E. Live Art Auction. During this time, Gayle created and coordinating the framing program and on-air talent training, acting as on-air spokesperson and promoting children’s education. During the 1998 Art Auction, she demonstrated her painting techniques live on Channel 6. In 2005, Gayle was selected as a KVIE Art Auction Legacy Artist and in 2006 as a Silver Anniversary Artist, due to tremendous contributions in the areas of art education, an overall inspiration to the arts community, and adding artistic excellence to the local region.
- In 2010, Gayle served as juror for the watercolor division of the K.V.I.E. Live Art Auction, the most prestigious on-air art show in Northern California.
- Gayle’s collaboration with Gini Crepps on the South Placer Art in Public Places piece “Soul Survivor: A Symbol of Hope” was featured on Rob Stewart’s TV show “Rob on the Road” in 2010.
- In 2010,Gayle was featured in “The Style Magazine “ and called the “Fine Art Superwomen” by LeeAnn Dickson
- As past curator, Gayle has brought together some of Northern California’s finest artists in the Patris S12 Gallery in Sacramento,California.
- Gayle was selected as June 2009 artist of the month for Clear Bags marketing collateral.
- Featured in the premiere March 2006 edition of “Rocklin View Magazine”, the Life Magazine of Rocklin.
- Art featured in the 2006 Banners on the Boulevard, Sac Metropolitan Arts commission
- Gayle’s Art Wall was filmed for a series on HGTV called “Look What I Did”. Local newspapers picked up the story and the Sacramento Bee featured her in a Home and Garden article in November 2005.
- Gayle’s Window to The World limited edition print was selected in 2003 by Java Art to appear on their coffee sleeves worldwide.